Green & Stone

Green & Stone

Green and Stone of Chelsea, picture framers and supplier of specialist art materials, was first established in Chelsea in 1927 and is the longest running shop on the popular Kings Road. The shop was originally based within the Chenil Gallery, whose directors were Augustus John and Bernard Shaw.
Green and Stone moved to 259 Kings Road in 1934, where Mr Alfred Green and his sons Alfie and Peter continued to run the shop primarily as a picture framing business, with what was then only a small art materials section. 259 Kings Road was previously run as a shop for the Women’s Suffragette Movement.